Cooperative Education Job Opportunity – Junior Programmer
Samson-Kenny I.M. Solutions is a Canadian I.T. company based in Petit de Grat, Nova Scotia specializing in information management products and services (databases).
Title: Junior Programmer (Cooperative Education Program)
Position Type: Term – 16-weeks – 35 hr/week – $15 per hour.
Start Date: May 1, 2014.
Location: Isle Madame, Nova Scotia
Supervisor: The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO, Robert Samson
The Junior Programmer will work primarily on a variety of database driven web application products that are under active development or currently being used in production environments.
- Primarily, the successful candidate will work extensively on the user interface of current and new products.
- Gather requirements and participate in solution design and development.
- Database design.
- PHP application development.
- Update and convert current applications to Yii framework.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the field of Computer Science.
- Experience with MySQL, JQuery.
- Knowledge of frameworks, specifically the Yii PHP framework would be a definite asset.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Graphic design experience would also be an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills.
By the end of the work term, the student will have improved the efficiency of our organization and will have enhanced the user experience for our new and existing products.